On-Campus Student Jobs. 

Students can expect to work 10-20 hours and earn $7.25-$10 per hour at an on-campus job. You must be enrolled during the semester for which you're seeking employment. 

On-campus jobs for an upcoming semester are posted in the months leading up to the semester. Check back often because new jobs are posted frequently

Graduate assistant positions are usually posted and filled through individual departments. Contact a specific academic department for details. 

Off-Campus Student Jobs. 

Human Resources provides the Job Location Program, a federally-funded job listing service, to help you find a part-time, off-campus job that fits your schedule. The Job Location Program is kept up-to-date daily. 

Businesses log in here.

Resume & Interview Prep. 

The OU Career Center specializes in preparing OU students for employment. They can help you write a resume, prepare for interviews, and find a job after graduation. The OU Career Center is not part of Human Resources.

Additional Employment Information

Work Study Information

You can apply to jobs labeled as Work Study Jobs if you have received and accepted a work study award as part of your financial aid package. Work study jobs could be on-campus or at community service agencies. You must have your own transportation. Contact the Office of Financial Aid to determine your work study eligibility: (405) 325-4521. You must be enrolled during the semester for which you're seeking employment. NOTE: You must accept your work study award before you are eligible for a work study job.

Graduate Assistants-Norman Campus

Graduate assistant positions are usually posted and filled through individual departments. Contact a specific academic department for details. 
  1. If your department terminates your position in the spring and reappoints you in the fall, you must complete new employee hire paperwork in early August. 
  2. Deadline: Submit your new employee hire paperwork by August 12 to receive a paycheck at the end of August. Forms received after August 12 may delay your paycheck until the next pay day at the end of September. 
  3. Deadline: You must be enrolled in classes by August 5 in the Fall and January 5 in the Spring to be eligible for the Student FICA (Social Security) Exemption on your August and January paychecks. The FICA payroll taxes cannot be refunded for late class enrollment.

International Students

International students may work on the campus where they attend class. Positions and work hours may be limited. International students may also be eligible for other employment in specific circumstances and with the approval of their Designated School Officer and/or the US Citizenship & Immigration Services. For more, follow the links below:

The University of Oklahoma has a Smoke and Tobacco Free Policy. No Tobacco or Drug use (including medical marijuana) is allowed on any university property. You can review the Smoke and Tobacco Free Policy here. 

The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Institutional Equity Office at www.ou.edu/eoo.  

The University of Oklahoma is committed to assisting all members of the OU community in providing for their own safety and security.  The Sooner Safety and Fire Report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, fire safety, university police law enforcement authority, crime reporting policies, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus. The Sooner Safety and Fire Report also contains information about crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by OU; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.  You can review the Sooner Safety and Fire Report here. To request a paper copy of the Sooner Safety and Fire Report, please click here for campus contact information.