Take full advantage of the OU employment system by creating your profile. this provides many benefits.
- To create a profile, first go to "My Jobpage." On the right-hand side of the screen, you will see a link to Access your Profile. For specific instructions on how to create the profile, check out this document.
- When you apply to a job, the application will automatically pull your personal information from your profile, speeding up the application process.
- You can add personal documents, including resumes and cover letters. Then, when you apply for a position online, you can select which of these documents to attach to a specific application from your profile. Documents are required for most jobs.
- Find out when new jobs are available. Based on the information in your profile, the website will email you whenever a new job listing matching your interests is posted to our site, letting you apply quickly.
- Track your application. Use "My Jobpage" to see whether the position is still open and track your application's progress.
To create a profile, first go to "My Jobpage." On the right-hand side of the screen, you will see a link to Access your Profile.
Creating a profile before applying for a job can speed up the application process, but it isn't required. If you haven't created a profile yet, make sure you have the following information and documents to complete your application.
- Work Experience, Education, and Training. Hiring managers will often read your work experience and education before looking at your résumé. Provide a detailed description of your past job duties as part of your work experience.
- Required Attachments. Most positions will require at least a résumé and cover letter, and some may require additional materials such as certifications, licenses, and, for student positions, a current class schedule. Check the job listing for a complete list of requirements. Click "Add to this Application" next to the documents you want included on the Additional Attachments section of the application. Failure to attach all required documents will cause your application to be rejected.
- Criminal Background. Include any felony convictions you may have. Felony convictions will not automatically preclude you from employment consideration.
- Relatives at OU. Also include the names of any relatives currently working for OU and which departments they work in.